Monday, April 7, 2008

Not just pictures this time!

It seems all I do on the blog now is post pictures. I'm really enjoying creating digital scrapbook pages. Some days I'm more creative than others. I'm going to do my best to update the blog with actual info besides showing you how cute Nathan is. :)

One day last week I was thinking that Nate felt noticably heavier. We weighed him and he's up to approximately 9 lbs 2 oz. He's gaining well - when we saw the doc when we first got home she said they typically gain 1/2 lb per week so he's right on target. Today I got the same sensation - he must be going through another growth spurt. That makes sense because now he's consistently eating at least 4 oz per feeding, sometimes even a little more. That's great news for us because that means he's sleeping a little longer too.

Mike and I have agreed to a schedule and it's been working out pretty well for the past week. I'm such a night owl so I like staying up until 12 or 1 a.m. I feed Nate and get him to sleep. This used to be more difficult. We joked that his "witching hour" started between 9 and 10 and last for 1-2 hours. These days it has become much easier to put him to bed - much less fussing!! Yea me! Mike has agreed to get the middle of the night feedings (bless him!). Nate's been eating well, but then wanting to stay up after. Now it's harder for Mike. Ha-ha! I mean, darn...that stinks.

Nate is more alert when he's awake now. We've been able to play with toys more. He's tracking really well and he really enjoys us singing. YES, really! *I attribute his enjoyment of my singing to him not knowing what a nice singing voice is yet. We "previewed" a class at Gymboree on Saturday. (Read - we got to try out the class without spending an exorbinant amount of money to join) Nate stayed awake the whole time and seemed to enjoy the activities. We used a puppet for tracking, we used a rain stick for hearing, we did some baby massage, he had some belly time over a mirror so he could see himself, and we did a parachute activity. During the parachute activity, the babies lie next to each other in the middle while the parents walk around them with a colorful parachute, fanning it up and down. Mike was intrigued to watch Nate who was interacting with the baby next to him (completely oblivious to the parachute I think). It was like he and baby Christian were looking at each other and cooing back and forth. So cute!

Okay, I think that's all the news I can think of at the moment. Commence photo sharing...

Cute in cammo...even if he's crying!

Nate loves his new swing. It's the cure for no poopy diapers. I swear every time he's in there, he fills his pants.

Better late than never - Easter photo

How cute is this onesie?

If you want to see a picture better (or read the writing on it) you can just click on the picture and it makes it bigger.

No comments: