Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Catching up

Let's see. Where did I leave off? We celebrated my birthday with our BFFs Amanda and Matt last Tuesday night. I'm the only one of us 4 who chooses somewhere other than our favorite sushi place. I'm not a sushi- or fish of any sort- eater but I love the other food they serve, the atmosphere, and of course Bruce (the sushi god). Anyhoo. I chose The Cheesecake Factory. Nate came with and had a grand time. Oh - I got a camera from my folks so I used it to take pics at dinner. It's so little and it's handy to just toss in my purse.






Nate's had a cold since last week so I took him to the doc just to make sure he didn't have an ear infection, etc. I love this picture... The look on his face in the mirror steals my heart.

Nate's been sporting his Oklahoma State wind suit lately. Thanks Michelle! He wasn't thrilled that it was picture time, but that's never stopped me before. :)


A new development has come up in the past week-ish. Nate HATES diaper changes and/or putting pants on and pitches a fit. This was mid diaper change when I finally stopped trying to pin him down. In this picture he's doing a dandy job of convincing you that he didn't just screech at the top of his lungs and cry and squirm and flip and generally make me sweaty and frustrated. My revenge??? Posting his bare butt on my blog. Hah!

Nate and I met Sallie for dinner on Sunday night. I think it was my first real meal of the day unless Pringles and Lindt truffles count as a "meal". Nate thinks Straws = Tons o' Fun

Mike, Nate, and I went to Chuck E. Cheese on Monday for a play date. I know. What the hell were we thinking? It was actually tame at 11 am on a Monday. Ready for a rant? I know this is technically my fault (what??) but I didn't read the token machine until I was loading a $20 bill into it. It said "NO CHANGE GIVEN". GAAAHHHHHH! Now seriously. What the frick am I going to do with my remaining $17 worth of CEC tokens? Nate rode a few of the rides, I played Skee Ball, and we took advantage of the "Chuck E. draws a sketch of you from a picture" thingy. Mike and I both got cute sketches with Nate. I'm not in the mood to scan them so you'll just have to believe me. Or come over and look at our fridge door. (Please call about a week in advance so I can de-funk the house first.) The one picture I did think to take was Mikey playing "Brave Firefighters". :)

So, we invited ourselves to dinner at the Molnars last night. Just for fun, Skyler gave me a hot mama hairdo. I said I'd put it as my profile pic on Facebook and I did. Gotta love the braids on both sides and the pony tail in the back. S.E.X.Y.




Cute boy alert!

Nate loves stories. I got 11 new books at the library today. He (we) loves books by Todd Parr, especially ones about Otto the dog.

Trying out the sling with Nate on my hip. We made it to the mailbox with no mishaps.

Nate in his new seat, which is now in Mike's car ready for our trip to NC tomorrow.

Mike and I took a run tonight and boy was it cold. Nate was so snug in there that he slept most of the way.

Okay. That's all. I bet you feel like you've been with me for every second of every day since my last post. You're welcome. :) Happy T-giv!

1 comment:

Whimsy said...

So nice to know that Alice isn't the only one who has developed a deep HATE for having her diaper changed. Maybe it's a just-9-month thing???

LOVED the hairdo!