Friday, July 18, 2008

All sorts of new stuff (AKA my long post ever!)

Yesterday morning, Nate and I ventured out to our first baby playdate. One of the girls in my Mommies Group hosted 6 of us with our babies 12 months and younger. Nate and I had a great time. We especially enjoyed meeting Easton who is only 2 weeks older than Nate. It was so fun to see Nate interact with the other kids. I found out that he's a sympathy crier! One kid would start, then Nate would chime in too! He had so much fun, he slept in his car seat for an hour after we got home! (Moms Rule #1: NEVER wake a sleeping baby!)

Amanda and I took the kids down to Sandbridge last night. We didn't stay too long, but it was a nice beach day. The water was warm (but choppy)and the breeze was delightful. The Snugli was perfect for the beach - Nate LOVES it.

After a quick trip to Lynnhaven Mall, we stopped by to see Mike at the fire station. Thanks Amanda for taking pictures!
Nate's first time up in the truck


Family Pix


The past few days when Nate's tired, he's been fighting it HARD! God forbid you try to snuggle him in your arms because he's tired. He'd way rather pretend he's watching TV sitting up in your lap. :)

Here's a cute picture of Bosco - let's not forget our fur baby! His bed is right next to Nate's swing and he likes to hang out there.


Here are some pictures from today. Nate's sitting up on the couch like a big boy.




Another first - at about 3:30 a.m. Nate was crying so I went downstairs to make a bottle. By the time I came back up, he was sound asleep ON HIS BELLY. I rolled him to his back (and he immediately rolled himself to his side) and I went back to bed. I woke up to crying at 4:30 a.m. so I went downstairs again to get a bottle and by the time I came up, Nate was crying like he was either pissed royally or in pain. I panicked and looked in his crib. He was on his belly again, up against the rail, and obviously couldn't roll himself back over. After he ate I brought him to bed with me because it scares me that I'd wake up and he'd be on his belly and not breathing. Ugh. Speaking of our bed - it's "The Magic Mattress" apparently. He can be fighting like mad against going to sleep, but once a part of his body touches the bed, he calms and closes his eyes. I (WE) think it's super cute now. Not sure if it'll still be cute in 10 years!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Awwww snuggly baby! You'll love it! Just try to get him to GO to sleep in his own bed and you might be saved from years of struggles. ;-)

Whimsy said...

These pictures are adorable. And we have the same car seat. It's heavy as MAD but I love it. Love the color, love the design, love that it doesn't have anything frilly on it. And of course I love that it's very safe. I suppose I should have listed that as my first reason.