Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Zoo

This morning Nate and I took our very first trip to the zoo. We met up with our friends and had a good time. It was hot as all get out, even at 10 a.m. but we endured and made the rounds. I have to say - not so impressed with the size of the zoo but it's a nice walk and something to do to get out of the house. It will be more fun with Mike since there will be two of us to wrangle Nate. Today I kept him in the stroller for the most part because once he comes out, he doesn't want to go back in...which wears on my already thin nerves. He woke up early and had about 3 screeching matches before we even left the house. Thankfully he was good while we were there.

I was going to impress everyone with my animal naming skills, but yep - I've already forgotten the names of some of the animals we saw. In addition to the animals below we also saw some meerkats, mandrills, and Alfred the rhino.

Let's roll, Mom!

"Foxy"

The elephants have a mister that I wanted to hop the fence and stand under




The masked love birds are pretty (as long as they stay in cages, I'm okay with birds)

Hogs of some sort

The bongos found the shade


Wait - I think this one is called a Zebra.

Cooling off inside (chewing on the cup since the molars are coming in hard core)

The "mascot" for Norfolk is the mermaid. There are tons all over the city and they all have a different design.

2 comments:

Whimsy said...

Those foxes are KILLING ME WITH CUTENESS.

As is your boy.



Also: I have a theory that EVERY zoo in EVERY city has some kind of cosmic contract with the Universe to be hot. HOT HOT HOT. I've never been to the zoo when it's temperate or cool or even breezy. Hot hot hot. Every time.

Amanda said...

Were the fountains on yet?

I think that zoo is perfect for his age especially if he won't be stroller bound!!!!