Monday, October 6, 2008

New and exciting (at least to me)

Nathan turned 7 months old yesterday. I can't believe the things he's doing these days. He is growing up so quickly yet he's still my little baby boy. I heard a quote once that sums it up pretty accurately - "The days are long but the years are short." Although some days seem longer than others (today included - Nate's got some diaper rash and was pretty much a bear about it all day long), he never fails to make me smile and laugh and just revel in how much I love my life.

I ordered a Charlie Brown shirt from Etsy in preparation for Halloween and we got it today. We had to try it on right away! It sure beats my idea of finding a gold t-shirt and using black electrical tape!


Guess HOO!



Speaking of cute outfits (were we? Yes, I think we were.), we took a family trip up to the Prime Outlets in Williamsburg yesterday. We hit pay dirt at the Carters Outlet. I will have a multitude of new pictures over the next several months with all the clothes we got. I think we ended up with 4 jammies, 4 pants, 7 long-sleeve shirts (including a couple of turtleneck onesies - how cute is that?), 10 short-sleeved onesies, a sweater, a fleece jacket, and a hat. Good thing everything was on sale! Mike was just as bad as me. I'd ask him which shirt of the 2 I picked should we get to go with the sweater. He said "Why only get one? Why don't we get them both?" Uh, OKAY!

Over the weekend we also went to our first birthday party. Our friend Drew turned 1 and we had a great time celebrating with him. I love watching Nate with all the kids. I'm so happy I joined a Mommy Group (thanks Amanda!). I've met a lot of great people. Even when we're not getting together for a special occasion, we still have meet-ups at the library or the park. It's always nice to meet up with someone you know while out and about. Yes, I also love getting in some adult conversation!

One of the things I've joined through the group is a running/walking group. One of the moms did the Couch to 5K program and someone she works with suggested she train for a 1/2 marathon. She thought it sounded crazy, but was up for the challenge. She put it out to our group to see if anyone wanted to train with her by having a group run on the weekend. We have some avid runners in the group but we also have novices like me. (I did the C25K program in Denver a long time ago and ran my first 5K shortly after finishing it up. That's pretty much when my running stopped.) There are several of us who are starting the program and it is MUCH easier doing it with friends. Granted I HAD to get up and meet them at 7 a.m. on Sunday morning, but really that was the hardest part about it! I look forward to continuing and I'm planning to run in the Turkey Trot 5K on November 8th with the girls.

That's all the energy I have for tonight. More later. :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

YAY! I love clothes shopping for wee ones! He's so freakin CUTE!

Jeremy is trying to talk me into doing some Jingle Bell 5K on Dec 12th. Care to join?

I of course have to start running again though!

I MISS you!

Whimsy said...

Oh my. The Charlie Brown shirt is just KILLING ME. How cute is your boy????

And that sounds like an awesome time at the Carter's outlet. They make turtleneck onesies? I had no idea.