Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good times!

So there was actually a benefit of my funk last week. When I couldn't snap out of it, Amanda told me I needed to join a Mommies Group. She even sent me links! So I found a group for my area and I joined. Nate and I went to our first meet-up on Wednesday and we saw a magician at the library. It was pretty crowded and I wasn't sure who was with the group, but we stayed and enjoyed it anyway. Nate liked to watch all the people and things around him, then he took a nap. The magician was so much fun. I was laughing out loud - I think I enjoyed it more than Nate!

If you don't know, I'm a bit shy. Shocking, I know. I don't really "do" small talk, so I was nervous about joining a group. There was a scheduled Mom's Night Out at a local restaurant which has karoaoke on Thursday nights. When I emailed the organizer, I was relieved when she said "we'll be the ones looking desperate for a margarita!". Well, she had me at margarita. I went, I met 4 new people, I had a margarita and dinner, and I had a blast. I had so much fun and I really needed that! I look forward to the MNO next month.

Until then, I've joined the book club and Nate and I will be going to story time each week. Yea!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so proud of you! I SO never would have ventured out for dinner with people I don't know - JEALOUS! And I'm not sure how I feel about you making new friends ;-(

Cici said...

I am so excited for you. Way to go! I am trying not to be so shy and more outgoing. It gets easier!