Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Back to the Blog

Gosh, since Mike now has a blog I feel compelled to keep mine up to date too. I don't come here often, but wow - lots of things have happened since my last post. I'm almost a full-fledged pet sitter now... working on making this a business. Will post more about that later in the week. But here's a pet sitting scare story from this past weekend. I came in to my client's house and the smell of natural gas almost knocked me down and gave me an instant headache. I was thinking WTF? I put the collars on the dogs and sent them outside. I opened all the doors and windows and when I went into the kitchen, I realized that one of the burners on the stove had been left on low. There was no flame and the burner wasn't hot, but the gas had been left on low emitting gas vapors since the clients left the house the day before. Holy Crap! The whole place could've gone up if there was a spark of some sort. Thank goodness that didn't happen. The doggies were fine and after 20 minutes of fresh air, the smell in the house had dissipated and the crisis was averted. Go Amy - Super Pet Sitter! Wait - did I just refer to myself in the 3rd person? Ugh, I hate when people do that.

1 comment:

chimchim said...

But she did the correct thing! She's MY hero. And I'm not just the president- I'm also a client!