Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Do Life Week 4 Buddy Challenge

This week our challenge was to buddy up with another member of the Do Life Challenge.  I grabbed Kelli (aka Nikki) before others could get to her because I, too, was worried about the "being picked last" element of the challenge.  It's a little out of my comfort zone to play picksies with someone I don't know, but I have to tell you how much I enjoyed Kelli's company this week.

Although we are a few *ahem* years apart in age, we both have similar struggles with juggling a family (she's got a daughter and 2 step-sons), work (she's a teacher), and working out (with plans of a half in April and in the Fall).

I knew I was going to love Kelli when the first text message I got from her said "Not to freak you out, but I'm looking for a half marathon this fall, and it's plausible that I can do the Rock & Roll one with you!"  She lives in KY and I'm in VA. My first thought was "holy crap, that'd be awesome!". It really pumped me up that I would have someone from Do Life to do it with and it motivated me to actually visualize myself running it.

Kelli is funny, she has great insight and ideas, and it was so refreshing to meet someone new.  She is committed to a healthy lifestyle. She has begun Clean Eating and vows to eat clean every day, no exceptions, no excuses.  And you know what? She has lost 4 pounds since Monday! She sent me pictures of her food and DAMN - it looks yummy!  There seems there are always temptations thrown in the way, but this week Kelli avoided a bake sale at work and made it through a huge potluck dinner without eating any of the offerings.  She stayed on track and her willpower and determination really rubbed off on me and made me do the same.

Another awesome thing Kelli is doing is starting a Biggest Loser Challenge at her school.  She already has 10 teachers signed up and she's taken it upon herself to put together a basket of goodies (cool stuff like work-out DVDs, water bottles, and yoga mats) that the weekly winner of the weigh-in can pick from.  What a great incentive for the challengers!  I want to be a part of it! :)

I could go on and on but you get the picture.  She's awesome! She's motivating! She's Doing Life!  Gooooo, Kelli!



1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.