Friday, February 4, 2011

The Official GMBOA Winner Announcement

Okay - first things first.  {I know you'd rather have the winner first so skim ahead if you must!}

The boy names I like right now are Seth, Silas, and Bennett.  I really like Gibson too but I'm not sure it goes well with our last name which also ends in -son. I think Gibb is a cute nickname (dude, it's John Cusack's name in The Sure Thing).

But after reading the posts from yesterday, I've been mulling over Griffin in my head.  I was surprised that there were two Griffin's on the list.  I kinda left it at that, letting it bobble around in my head. 

Then I had this conversation today with Mike:

A: What do you think about Griffin?
M: Nodding
A: Two people posted it in response to my question.
M: Griff
A: I think I like it.  Griffy.  Grrrr...
M: Finn
A: Oh, I like that.
M: Nodding
A: I think I really like that.
A: I might love it.
A: That may be a contender.  Griffin W-----son.  Finn W------son.

Time will tell.  My 20 week ultrasound is scheduled for March 14th.  Hmm, pink or blue?  I can hardly stand the wait!

So, the scores are crazy.  Mike advises I pick randomly.  I'm taking his advice because seriously, when I scored Day 3's responses I got the following:

Day 3 scores: Rainyday 6, Whimsy 5, Amanda 4 which makes the total scores: Rainyday 13, Whimsy 13, Amanda 13.  A three-way tie.  For real.

Maybe I didn't think through the scoring prior to the contest.  In any event, I'm excited to award the GMBOA to any one of you.  I've compiled a spreadsheet of scores by day and the responses are 1-39.  Random.org chose 22.  Here's proof.
Congratulations, Rainyday!  Please send me an email with your address.  And thank you all for playing!

6 comments:

Rainyday said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!
I think I peed my pants a little bit.

About halfway thorough my pregnancy with Felix, we were discussing names. Because apparently we'd used up the only boy's name we could agree on when we had Elliot. I mentioned Griffin and hubby said "Yeah, I like that!" And so I thought it was settled. Until a month or so later when he started getting antsy because we still didn't have a boy name picked out (heck, we didn't even have a girl name picked, either!) So he got a baby name book and read it cover to cover. And Felix was the only name that he liked. It took me a day or so, but then I realized how much I loved it, too. Whew! But I'm still kinda sad about Griffin.... shhhhhh!

Rainyday said...

Hmmm... I need your email, unless I'm stunned and can't see it right in front of my face, which is always a possibility with me. Or you can get me at rainydayboys AT gmail DOT com

Amy said...

Oops - I sent ya an email. Congrats again!

Whimsy said...

Congratulations, Rainyday! That's awesome.

My story about Griffin:
I love this name. Have loved it since I was in high school. It's a family name, actually--- my paternal great grandmother's last name. I've always wanted a boy named Griffin. Alas, I think we've only got it in us for one more kid, and when that time comes (and if it's a boy), we'll be using a different name because we want to incorporate Chip's father's name. So... I've had to let go of Griffin, even though I LOVE it. Can't wait to hear your boy/girl news when the time comes!

Amanda said...

I am so glad I didn't win. I fear having to do the mail thing.

I have two friends with toddler Griffins. Both of them still love their sons' names Griffin from Montana has brothers Korbin and Logan and baby sister Eleanor. Griffin in Texas just got a baby brother named August.

Sometimes it helps to hear what names they go with.

I love love love Finn

The Dog Is My Favorite said...

I'm biased to Bennett - it's William's middle name, a special family name. Lauren was going to be Beckett had she been a boy. Love Finn, too.