Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Remember?

Remember when I used to update my blog with some sense of frequency? Me either.

We have had a great summer so far. Alex was here all of June and July and it was great to have her. A bonus for me is that she wanted to work while she was here. So I put her to work. Now I'm regretting it...only because now I have to care for all of my clients every day. I'm telling ya - work is getting in the way of my social schedule. Ha!

Speaking of Alex, we are super-proud/beaming parents because she is off to college in just a few short weeks. College. Holy hell - how did that happen? How is it possible that she's old enough to be in college? I of course am exuberant because she chose to attend Oklahoma State University (my alma mater) so I am going to re-live my college days vicariously through her. Yippee!!

I realize that I've only taken a fraction of the pictures that I once took. That's due in part to our "good" camera being broken (BOO!) so it's not at the ready every time I spy something super-cute and adorable (like ALL the time). The other reason for the no pictures is Nate doesn't want to pose for me anymore. I mostly get pictures of him from behind or pictures with his face obscured because he just wants to grab the camera and he means now!

This really is all I can muster up at the moment. Mr. Big Boy thought 330 a.m. was a grand time to get up and when he came to bed with me, he rustled around, sat up, flopped back down, flopped his arms and legs and head into my body until oh - about 5:45 a.m. I'm wiped out as I wasn't sleeping well before he woke up. I watched my friends boys this afternoon and lost out on my coveted naptime. Waaa!

Nate loves his little recliner. Now for more of a challenge, he likes to climb up over the arm.

Love balloons


We make Nate drink his milk while sitting under the dining room table.

Gimme the camera!

Yea! His smiling face!

I like this one too! (I bet he's crying because he can't have the camera.)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh he's so flipping cute!

I think he and Whimsy's Alice would make a nice couple. I'm all for arranged marriages!

If it weren't so hot I'd say let's find time for the BG but it's TOO HOT!

Whimsy said...

What an adorable little man.

And listen, I'm certainly not opposed to the kids, um, ***meeting up*** and ***seeing how it goes*** because can you IMAGINE the CUTENESS?

We're in a similar boat with the picture-taking. Alice is all GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMME anytime she sees the camera. I have a million pics of her face partially obscured by a hand on the camera lens.

Aunt sha said...

I agree with all who comment here! That's the best lookin' guy in my world-even pouty! And better than all y'all....he's MY nephew...ALL MINE!!! muwahaha :)

Amy said...

Nate can't wait to see his Aunt Sha!!