Sunday, February 8, 2009

Vacation - part one

Before we left for the airport, we took some family pictures so Nate could see Daddy and Bosco on the camera while we were away. Note - the kid said "Dada" about one million times in the eight days we were gone. "Mama" came in last at ZERO TIMES said. Michelle - I swear he can say it!



Nate chilling out in his seat before take-off. The flight attendant enticed him with a shiny flashlight that he promptly put in his mouth and gnawed on for the next 30 minutes.

We were lucky on all the planes, we got our own row and everyone around us was really friendly. That was a nice surprise especially after I was a bit miffed that the gate agent in Dulles did NOT tell me that at the end of the jet bridge, there were stairs and only stairs to get to the tarmac and board the plane. And no one to help me, my 2 carry-ons, a stroller, and a 21 lb baby. Thanks to the kindness of strangers who helped me with my bags and stroller!

Also a note about Dulles: no changing stations in any of the bathrooms I visited. WTF? I had to change Nate and his nasty antibiotic-induced diarrhea diaper on the nasty airport bathroom stall floor. Eewwww. I'm sure they spared no expense on the mesmerizing color-y wall though.

Nate was pretty good for the most part and did manage to get some sleep on the plane. He was not happy by the time we got to OKC though. The aforementioned antibiotic-induced diarrhea did quite a number on his tush. That was the beginning of a 3 day intense quest to rid the diaper rash. He was not a happy camper any time he peed, pooped, or had his diaper changed. Poor little guy. Good thing Aunt Shel had about 5 tubes of assorted ointments to soothe the burn. Anyhoo...

We were SO excited to see Michelle at the airport. She got some lovin' in on the boy before we got in the car. He took a nap on the way home (around 9 p.m./10 EST) so it made for a late night. I did get my first Braums trip in on the way home from the airport. Mmmm...hot fudge sundae! Braums has THE best hot fudge on the planet.

Michelle had all sorts of goodies for Nate when we got home. He had lots of toys to play with and look how adorable this coat is! I especially love the look on his face and the fact that he's missing a sock.

2 comments:

Whimsy said...

Cute photos! And welcome back!!!

I totally feel you on the diaper rash situation - poor guy. But glad you had a nice trip.

Amanda said...

Sometimes you have to hunt down the family bathroom at the airport. This works nice when you have to go too because there's more space to park the kiddo.