Monday, May 24, 2010

Finding Joy

So.  I've been having a rough time lately.  I feel exhausted and frustrated.  The boy-child is doing his best to make me insane and I've gotta be honest - he is, in fact, making me crazy.  It's a whole combination of things.  Too much time together, he's two, I'm PMSing, and did I mention HE'S TWO?

We've been dealing with lots of throwing, hitting (for fun and because he's mad), and just in general just two-year-old-ness.  He likes to say NO to us.  Let me just say the rage I feel makes me see fiery red lightning bolts every time he says it.  GAAHH!!  I'm at my wits end. 

But...never fear.  I'm trying to find joy in each day.  I can't take credit for the idea, but it has come at an ideal time.  My dear whimsy has posted a challenge for us to focus on the joy we find in each day.

Today, unlike yesterday and the day before, I didn't even have to look too hard to find it.

Joy #1: Mike's home from work today.  We met at the mall so Nate could run off some energy on this rainy day.  When we got there, my friend and her boys were there and Mike sent us mommies off to shop without the kids in tow.  I love this man!  The joy of shopping and time alone for me AND my friend.  We giddily browsed a new accessories shop for about 40 minutes.  It was quite blissful.  I've got me a winner in that guy.  BTW, celebrating 10 years of wedded bliss on Friday.

Joy #2:Nate and I were coloring while watching Cars for the trillionth time (don't get me started on THAT).  Nate leaned over my arm to look at my page and said "It's NICE, Mama".  He can be such a sweetie.

Joy #3 and #4: HIMYM and The Big Bang Theory were on tonight.  Woo!  Also, Nurse Jackie and United States of Tara, but I think I'll add those to tomorrow's joys since I'll catch up on those during naptime tomorrow.  Which reminds me -

Joy #5: DVR

Goodnight, y'all. 

3 comments:

Whimsy said...

Seems to me like you did a SPECTACULAR JOB in finding joy in the day today. The Twos are just... so hard, aren't they? Bean colored on the walls and the sliding glass door and the curtain with a Sharpie today. A Sharpie. And then, as I was GETTING MAD AT HER, she reached over and kissed my leg and asked for some chicken. Oooookay.

That Mike of yours is seriously a GIFT.

Amanda said...

Who wouldn't find joy in Mikey!!!

I remember the age of two with horror and a tad of PTSD thrown in. You aren't alone. That's why they're made so cute - so you don't kill them! It's a toddler defense mechanism.

Xstitcher said...

And to top of child cuteness, I'm SOOOOOOO glad you color nicely! And that it's recognized. Love you, honey, and Happy Anniversary!