Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Something's working

Tonight was an absolutely delightful night baby-wise. Mike and I have been brainstorming about how to approach the nightly fussing. Of course at this age, everything is fluid - just because it works once doesn't mean it'll ever work again. It just likes to lull us into a false sense of hope that we'll sleep regularly again in the future. I had baby duty last night and it went well. We kept Nate's room dark unless he was eating. There was no extraneous noise or sounds aside from his lullaby CD. He wasn't as fussy, so I rocked him for no more than about 7 minutes and I put him in his crib. I adjusted the baby posistioner to keep him in snugger and I laid him on his side. I stood by the crib for about 2 minutes waiting for all hell to break loose. I was so pleasantly surprised that it didn't. This worked all three times throughout the night. Mike and I also kept the monitor off in our bedroom and we both slept well. Nate moves around so much in the night and makes little squeals that we could never fully get to sleep.

We are going to try this little routine again tonight. I hope we're on to something. *crossing my fingers!*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Score one for the parents!
Love you, Sha

Amanda said...

Yay! I hope it works again tonight!