Monday, February 11, 2008

A great day

So, I came home from my first client this morning and crawled back in bed to talk to Mike. The thought crossed my mind and I blurted it out: Let's go to Ikea today! We've been wanting to go look for a dresser for Nate's room, but my schedule has been jam packed and Mike's been working at the Fire Station and at Network Medical. It seemed today was going to be our only chance to go. We hopped outta bed and started getting ready. I did my mid-day clients and came home to pick Mike up before my last visit.

We got on the road at about 1:30 and we made it to Woodbridge by 4. We were thrilled that there was hardly any traffic - you never can tell what the situation will be on I-64 or I-95. We blew through Ikea in under 2 hours - every minute visualizing what we could do in each room of our house. There should be a cover charge to get in - it is way more exciting than going out to a club! The possibilities are endless!

We found a dresser for the baby's room and lots of organizational bins for the bedrooms. It was glorious. My other favorite thing to do at Potomoc Mills is to visit the Old Navy Outlet. I got a new summer skirt (OMG - a size 10!!), a new shirt, and a bathing suit cover-up. Okay, back to the size 10 thing. I can't recall EVER wearing a size 10. I swear I heard angels singing when I zipped it up!

If Ikea and Old Navy weren't enough, Mike and I headed to our old time favorite food place - On the Border (or OTB as we like to refer to it). The food is okay, but the chips, salsa, and queso are the shizz. Yes, I said the shizz. I didn't partake in my favorite Sangria Swirl margarita this time, but I highly recommend it to anyone who goes there.

The drive home was also uneventful. We made it home in less than 2 1/2 hours, which was AWESOME! It was the end of a great day - I still had time to come home and post a couple of new blogs!

No comments: