Monday, May 16, 2011

On pregnancy...

First and foremost, my pregnancy is going so great that I feel like I might jinx something just by saying that out loud.  I can't believe that I'm already 27 29 weeks along.  It's flown by.  I'm not ready for it to end.  I'm sure I'll be singing another tune when it's 95+ degrees outside.  But for now, I just want to savor it.  We never thought I would be pregnant.  Didn't even think it was possible.  Now I have moments that I'm already sad because I know it's the last time.

I love my belly.  Maybe it's because this is the first time I've ever NOT loathed my stomach.  I've always (ALWAYS) been self-conscious of it.  Now I just want to flaunt it.  I like that it's getting bigger.  I touch it all the time, especially when I'm out in public as if saying "HEY EVERYONE!  I'M PREGNANT!  LOOK AT ME!"

I love feeling baby Claire kick me.  It took a long time to feel it (21 weeks) since my placenta's up front against my abdomen.  Now I feel it all the time.  Mike just felt the first kick two weeks ago.  On Mother's Day, I had my first alien belly experience and it was so cool.  I laid down and for 15 minutes watched my stomach move all over the place.  After one big kick, I pushed down and she kicked back in response.  It was awesome.

Over the past week, I've started feeling like a tank.  I'm really tired if I don't space out activities throughout the day, etc.  My biggest complaints are heartburn, arm numbing, excruciating hand pain, and moderate left foot pain.  I guess that's minor compared to the whole creation of life thing going on inside of me.

Mike and I took the tour of the L&D at the hospital on Saturday.  Still super nervous about the whole birthing thing, but I am feeling more at ease knowing where I need to be, seeing the floor, knowing where to park, etc.  Yes, as if parking is going to be MY concern when I get there. 

Nate has continued to be my big helper.  He helps me with my (anti-coag) shot every morning and my prenatal vitamin every evening.  He's really been great.  I think he's going to be a fabulous big bro but I know we're going to have some jealousy issues.  I'm sure all kids go through that, right?

So, here I am.  Only 8-ish weeks left to go.  I am stoked that the nursery's coming along quite well.  We had our bi-annual trip to Mecca (I mean, IKEA) two weeks ago.  So, now we have the dresser for the room.  Crib's up and the changing table just has to be re-painted.  I love the wall color - thanks Mikey!  Clothes (from my awesome friends and family) have been sorted by size and just have to be washed.  I'm so excited!

Here are a couple of preggo pics - just because I love preggo pics.
23 weeks

27 weeks

4 comments:

Rainyday said...

You look fantastic! I miss my prego belly so much - like you, it was the only time I wasn't trying to keep it sucked in so no one would look at it and wonder if I was pregnant. (Having been asked if I was, multiple times before and after I ever was prego, my belly and I have a very hate-hate relationship. Always have.)
That hospital visit always makes things seem so real, as if they weren't real enough already. But it's good not to worry about the admitting procedure, etc. Plan that out in advance!

Gina said...

You look great! I loved being pregnant, too. I mean, the heartburn and sciatica and (in the 2nd one) horrifying, incapacitating nausea and vomiting pretty much sucked, but I loved my big belly and feeling the kicks and knowing that there was a person in there!

chimchim said...

I love you, any way you are!!!

hapi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.