1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Become a Mom and own my own business
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember. My new resolution will be to remember what NY Resolutions I make. I know the first res is GO TO BED EARLIER!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? None, but I visited several states
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Willpower and a strong focus on living more simply
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 5th - Nathan Quinn came into this world.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming a Mom and owning my own business - I sound like a broken record. Oh and running two 5Ks!
9. What was your biggest failure? I'm sure there are many - but my weight always comes to mind. Unfortunately I've regained 12 of 41 pounds. THIS MUST NOT CONTINUE.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, thankfully
11. What was the best thing you bought? Nate's walker was a gift from Mom & Dad but he LOVES it!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Nate's every move is a celebration to us! Mike's such a great Daddy. And I'm so proud of Michelle.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I can't think of anyone. Chalk that up to a bad memory.
14. Where did most of your money go? Baby stuff - but I'm not complaining! And food (which ties into that weight issue)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Nate's birth and the finalization of the adoption! YIPEE!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I can't think of one.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer? I say richer because even those I make less money, I'm fortunate enough to stay home with Nate. That equals happiness!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Posting more video of Nate
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying
20. How did you spend Christmas? With my family at our house
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? YES!
22. What was your favorite TV program? How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, The Biggest Loser, Ellen, Scrubs, and SuperWhy - just to name a few!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No, the same dislike and discontent with the same person/people
24. What was the best book you read? The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? That Nate loves my singing even though I'm no good!
26. What did you want and get? Nate. Everything else is just the sprinkles on the frosting of the cake.
27. What did you want and not get? Housekeeper - ha! Like that's an option.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I like any movie I can watch in one sitting - it's such a luxury these days!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I had a client meeting then Sallie took me to dinner. I turned 33.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I can't think of a thing, which shows how lucky I am. Or how bad my memory is. But I'm pretty sure it's the first one. :)
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Jeans/shorts/hat to work again? Yipee! I love my job.
32. What kept you sane? Family and friends and finding a Moms Group to keep me busy
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Obama
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The election and Prop 8. Speaking of Prop 8 - here's the picture I intended to post when it was passed.
35. Who did you miss? Michelle
36. Who was the best new person you met? Rebecca
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. No matter how upset or annoyed you get, a baby's look/smile/laugh makes everything better.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray"