Saturday, September 6, 2008

6 months and growing!

Nathan had his 6 month birthday yesterday. We had a jam-packed day too. We started by having his pictures taken by one of my Mommy Group friends - Karrie*. We had 4 wardrobe changes and only a few minor meltdowns. We did mess with Nate's morning schedule, so he was hungry 30 minutes in and then he was sleepy. Aside from that, I think we'll have a great selection to share.

Thanks Sallie for letting us invade your yard for the pictures. She and Jed have a great yard with lots of pretty flowers. I couldn't resist asking if we could take the pics there - it was just the setting I was looking for!

*BTW, Karrie takes all the pictures, provides 4x6" prints of the pictures she posts on the online gallery, and gives us the CD of all the pictures she took. All for just $75. Can't beat it!

We talked to Nathan's attorney in preparation for our FINAL ADOPTION HEARING!! She was great and can tell how much we love him. We can't wait to have this finalized. The hearing is pretty much a big celebration. It sounds wonderful!

We also took Nate to his 6 month check-up in the afternoon. Dr. Ballard says he's growing great.
His stats are now... 18 lbs 3 oz, 26.5" long, and head circumference is 45 cm.

He's eating like a champ. He's tried all the veggies - green beans, peas, squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, etc. The past 2 days now, he cries when I give him his oatmeal first (I don't blame him - it tastes like paste). I've started mixing in his veggie with it to give it a better taste. We're moving on to fruit - I gave him bananas tonight and Nathan likey!

Here are a few pics. Okay, just one. Blogger isn't making me happy. :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a cutie pie! I can't wait to see him.