Sunday, May 4, 2008

Reflections

I am currently reading Eat, Pray, Love. I'm the "pray" portion of the book and the author is having a hard time focusing on her meditations. The mind tends to wander in the past and in the future - the problem is not being able to just live in the present. I took that to heart yesterday. Nate and I went to a client visit first thing in the morning and then we took pleasure in spending our time together without any worries about anything. The weather was gorgeous and I had the doors and windows open letting in a nice breeze. I listened to the birds chirping and a mower in the distance. It was perfect. I didn't worry about the laundry that was left in the washer or the vacuuming that needed to be done. I relished in the moment of taking in every moment with Nate. Nothing could've been better than his little body on my chest as we took two wonderful naps throughout the day. I want to take in all these daily moments and not let them pass by in a blur of what other things I could be doing. He's our gift and I can't get enough.

When Mike came home this morning, we all went back to bed for a nap. Mike looked at Nate and me and said "this is what I want to remember". *sigh* Even without talking to him about my feelings yesterday, he is feeling the same way. It doesn't get any better than this.

No comments: